ZenSales Powered by Ship.com is looking for a remote-based customer success manager to help our customers use the Ship.com platform to grow their businesses. This role focuses on business consulting and product education through regular customer engagement on our easy-to-use website, app, and tools that make small business growth simple for independent retailers.
Do you enjoy cultivating and growing customer relationships? Do you empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing? Do you enjoy solving open-ended problems? Do you love learning about a changing technical product, even when it’s a little out of your depth? Are you a self-motivated, resourceful, competitive, over-achiever who does whatever it takes to get the job done and beat your quota? Are you excited to be part of a fast-moving environment, with minimal red tape slowing you down?
If you are looking for an exciting position with an innovative company focused on making small business growth simple then you are encouraged to apply by emailing email@example.com.
Our customer team is the front line for our customer happiness – by engaging our customers on our industry-leading shipping platform, tools, and an app that deliver real benefits, are easy to use, and wow our customers.
For that reason, we search for only the best people, who are willing to take that responsibility seriously. In return, we believe in providing a positive experience for our team members, with a dedicated, passionate team focused on our core values.
- Simplicity – our processes and products are efficient and easy to use and understand;
- Supportive – when we work together, we win together;
- Exceeding Expectations – we go above and beyond to serve customers and help each other;
- Growth – we strive to grow our customers’ business through a growth mindset in all we do.
What the job entails
For this job, you’ll be
- Working from home (with limited travel once that’s feasible) to engage with customers regularly to help them grow their businesses.
- Coaching customers to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development and providing data-based, tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals
- Owning the growth of your customers, exceeding your monthly quota regularly
- Contributing actively to Ship’s internal knowledge base of best practices
- Serving as the single point of contact with key customers to build trusting and lasting relationships with the customer and their stakeholders, navigating organizations to identify key decision-makers
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of direct selling and e-commerce trends
What you need to be successful at this job
- Enjoy working closely with customers to ensure complete satisfaction
- Experience or training in managing small to mid-sized projects; you’ll be working with 20+ merchants and their big picture strategy
- Experience in direct selling and eCommerce (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention); our merchants will look to you as an expert source of advice
- Enjoy providing a high-touch user experience, talking about business and technical concepts, have great analytical skills
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills (Excel, Google); enjoy leveraging data to make decisions and get to the root cause of customer needs.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (when it’s feasible)
- Willingness to be available to your top customers outside of normal business hours when needed
You must be willing and able to work well independently, in an agile environment, as part of a remote team that meets daily and communicates regularly across company channels.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be meticulous about maintaining expert-level product knowledge and keeping our customers informed of feature changes and updates, as well as potential errors or outages
- Host webinars, trainings, and ongoing success tutorials as needed
- Run reviews with all clients: identify areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Ship.com features, and make clear recommendations building high customer satisfaction
- Identify churn risk and take proactive steps to eliminate
- Monitor current processes and systems to ensure they meet the customer’s workflow needs
- Serve as the voice of the customer to communicate and collaborate with Product and QA to drive product improvements that better serve our customer base
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience managing large and/or complex accounts preferably in a SaaS environment; relationship management is your strength
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be merchant-focused in all that you do
Ship.com helps online sellers become successful and achieve their dreams by providing simple tools that help them save time, money, and sell more. Ship.com does this by helping sellers manage the post-sale experience from end to end. This starts with shipping the product, managing delivery, easy returns, email marketing, loyalty programs, and facilitating new referral business. To learn more visit www.zensales.net and www.ship.com.